Hello Again Blogger

After a lovely year of blogging on a Wordpress.com blog, I am transitioning back to Blogger. I know, that is a ridiculous statement! No one in the blogging world ever does that. But I'm going to.

I loved Wordpress. I really really did. This decision has much more to do with where I am in my life and my relationship with the practice of  blogging, rather than my relationship with Wordpress.com.

I have actually considered giving up blogging all together. I was thinking about just not doing it in 2016. This is partly due to the fact that I just haven't felt like doing it as much lately. Also I can't do it the right way...you know, the kind with the keywords and shares and just...so much crap. I have loved it, at times, but I have been avoiding it more and more lately.

You are probably tired of hearing me talk about how I feel about blogging. And that's okay. I am almost relieved at the idea that no one would read this tiny little part of the blogging world. It's been a hot/cold relationship for the past six years (I think that's how long it's been...). I tried to give it a go with Wordpress and liked it...but it's just too much. It's a cost I can't justify in my life right now, especially when I am not loving it. Last year I was hopeful and interested in blogging and this year...I'm not. I'm glad I tried it, but I want to be generous with myself and allow myself the opportunity to fail.

If I pay the money for Wordpress, I will feel obligated to stick with it. And that can't be what this is about, not anymore. I have a lot of hope for 2016, and I don't want to go into it saddled with this burden of guilt and responsibility attached to blogging.

So hello again, Blogger. It's good to see you old friend.

No comments