Nonfiction November Challenge 2016



This week on Show Us Your Books I was surprisingly drawn to several non-fiction books. Then Kristi at Melborne on My Mind posted a video about the Nonfiction November Challenge and it just seemed perfect.

There are four individual challenges within the overall challenge- some could overlap but I am choosing four books...not sure I will make it, especially since I am starting a week and a half late. But one is an audio book so it's possible!

Challenge 1: New
                    -Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick (audio)

Challenge 2: Controversial
                  
Challenge 3: Important
               
Challenge 4: Fascinating 

I had to rethink my choices, because the library was missing 2 out of my 3 top picks.

I'm not really worrying about the order, because anything controversial is important and vice versa. And they're all fascinating to me or I wouldn't have chosen them. So if I only finish one more in November, I'll consider it successful. But I hope to get at least 2 and the last one can piggyback into October.

  -Girls & Sex: Navigating the Complicated New Landscape by Peggy Orenstein  
  -How to Be a Woman by Caitlin Moran
  -Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain


Have you ready any of these, or do you have plans to participate in Nonfiction November? 

This is actually my first "challenge" so I'm pretty pumped!

No comments