Add It To My List: February 2017


Link-up creators are Lauren from Eat, Drink, & Be Lauren and Bre from Bre Writes. Basically, they are always recommending things to each other- podcasts, television shows, music, blah blah blah. And they figured- why not share even further?
 Lots of people did make-up/beauty recommendations last month...um yeah, y'all won't be getting that from me. Hope you're into podcasts and YouTube videos and articles.

Podcasts:
  • Relevant Podcast: Ira Glass & Andy Mineo
    • Interesting discussion from Ira Glass (an atheist) about how Christians are often so misconstrued in the media
    • Also, you get to hear a Christian rapper talk about being inspired by Eminem
  • Girl's Girls Podcast
    • Someone shared this last month in the first link-up, and I'm so glad because it is hilarious! Had to share again NSFW, so use your headphones kthxbye.  
  • Bad Christian Podcast: Ben Sledge of Heart Support
    •  So these guys are controversial on both sides, but this was a really open conversation with a veteran and I appreciate that aspect. Even if you aren't Christian (or any other religion), I encourage you to give it a listen. Mainly it's just a worthwhile discussion that civilians as a whole (99.5 % of the population) rarely participate in or even listen to.
TV Shows
  •  Santa Clarita Diet
    • Fun new Netflix show, some zombie-ish but funny more than scary (a little gross at times, but not too bad). Binged it and it was adorable, and Drew Barrymore is super cute in it.
  • Switched at Birth
    • So I've heard a lot about this show, but for some reason always think ABC/FreeForm shows are lame or cheesy. But y'all, I'm so into it. OMG. I can't even imagine, and I think it does a good show of tackling all the different viewpoints. And it's really cool to see such a big focus on the deaf community (which I'm not a part of in any way, but I appreciate the insight). I'm hoping that since so much of the cast is deaf/hard of hearing that they have input and the representation is realistic.
      • Also...Emmett & Bay? SHIPPING HARD, Y'ALL.

Song:
  •  Love Triangle by RaeLynn 
    • for some reason, Blogger will not upload the "official" video but here is the lyrics one. This song is just so sweet and tells such a compelling story...it's an example of country music at it's best, IMO.




6 comments

  1. I heard Santa Clarita diet is good but gory. I'm going to check it out if I can get on Netflix and actually watch something new. I always end up repeating shows.
    I'll have to check out the Relevant Podcast. I always listen to This American Life so I trust Ira Glass lol. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Santa Clarita Diet was funny. I have a sick sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once I got past the first couple of episodes that made me literally gag, I enjoyed Santa Clarita Diet. It was funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Switched at Birth sounds interesting, i will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Ira Glass so much so I would probably listen to him talk about almost anything. I've been meaning to watch Switched at Birth during my "me" time (aka when my husband isn't around...) but that is so few and far between! I just started The Crown which I want to get into more, so maybe SAB can be next. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to watch the Santa Clarita diet, people are saying it's good. I don't have issues with the gory stuff, but I've never been a big Barrymore fan, so I was planning on just skipping this one. But I'll add it to my line up!

    ReplyDelete