Show Us Your Books Link-Up: July 2018


Time for show us your books!  Maybe I will actually remember to link-up this month.


This was one of set my mom grabbed randomly for me from my old local library. It was a decent romance/stereotypical chick-lit without being too cheesy. 
 

This book was a fucking delight from start to finish. I reread Dumplin' last month and Murphy is still a fucking queen. Loved the characters, love the love/hate/both relationship between the characters. I want to list about 342243 other things I like but really just go read the damn book. It's wonderful. 
 

This was one of Hubby's books that I grabbed off our bookshelf because I needed something new to read. Not sure why I always think I don't enjoy Sedaris- I have enjoyed his NPR appearances and this book was great! Maybe it's just that neither short stories or nonfiction are usually my jam. But, his dry oddball humor is so appealing to me and I relate a lot to some of the mental quirks he mentions. Highly recommend.
 

Okay I had the worst timing with this book. It is SO GOOD so far, but I got it from the library right around the time my summer class started. And at 500+ pages...I just couldn't finish it before it was due. And because it's awesome and there is a long wait list, I can't renew it. I'm about halfway done and probably going to just suck it up and buy it. I can see being 100% all in on this series (expected publication for book #2 is sometime in 2019), and honestly I'm surprised it's not more popular! I haven't finished, but based solely on the first half of the book I highly recommend. Obviously things could go south, but I have high hopes.


What have you been reading lately? 
Link-up & let us know!
Life According to Steph

16 comments

  1. I still haven't read Dumplin.... I KNOW I KNOW. It's on my TBR and my goal is to have it read this year. I PROMISE!

    Also I would totally just buy Children of Blood and Bone! It's so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really really want to read Puddin. I'm just going to go have to buy the damn thing. I've seen so many good reviews - I just need to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Children of Blood and Bone is on my list! It sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Based on the cover I would think The Children of Blood and Bone was a graphic novel, so maybe that's why it's not as popular? It was chosen as Jimmy Fallon's Book Club pick though, so I'm sure that will help it's popularity! I had the same issue with Eleanor Oliphant last month, not because it was long, but because I was reading something else I wanted to finish first and then I couldn't renew the e-book edition! Luckily they had the hardcover though, so I finished it that way, but I understand your frustration! And I STILL need to read Dumplin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard Tomi Adeyemi speak at BookCon last month and she is fantastic! I can't wait to read her book - though I'd really love to wait until the next book comes out (that probably wont happen).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm on the waiting list for Puddin'. Number one so I hope it comes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm hoping to FINALLY read Dumplin' this month. I know. It's ages old but sometimes great books keep getting pushed back on the TBR. I've also heard amazing things about Children of Blood and Bone and it's on my TBR. And I hate it when I can't renew a book. Grrrrrr ....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to request Dumplin from the library because I keep hoping to find it at book sales but it's just not showing up. Fingers crossed the library will come through!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Puddin' WAS a fucking delight! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I swear Dumplin' has been on my list for years, and I still can't believe that I haven't read it! I need to get on the bandwagon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still need to read Dumplin'! I swear it needs to happen soon before the movie comes out. I am curious about Children of Blood and Bone because so many people have seemed to love it!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am on the wait list for Puddin. I wish it would just come to me already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bahaha, so I was looking at the Children of Blood and Bone on Goodreads and the author left a review that cracked me up:

    "You'll like this book. I'm biased, but I need to meet my goodreads challenge so I'm marking this as read."

    If I was on the fence about reading it, that pushed me over the edge because she seems awesome and now I NEED to read it.

    Puddin' has been on my list for a while. I enjoyed Dumplin' well enough, so I really should get to Puddin' soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The jury seems to approve of Children of Blood and Bone so ... okay! Onto the TBR it goes. Also holy moly I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've heard SUCH good things about Children of Blood and Bone.
    It just doesn't seem like my type?

    ReplyDelete