Erin's Challenge 6.0 Wrap-Up



So the only one I didn't complete was Read a book by your favorite author. Overall, not bad for my first challenge. Especially since I don't necessarily have a favorite author.

I started reading Johnny Panic and the Bible of Dreams by Sylvia Plath, because The Bell Jar is one of my favorite books. But I just read the "short stories" part of the description, not the "diary excerpts" part. And it was a bit of a struggle to get through the diary excerpts...because they weren't meant to be read. So both mentally and emotionally I was struggling- it made me think of the same issues that came up when I read Go Set a Watchman. There is very questionable morality involved in posthumously printing things, or waiting until someone is mentally weak to "encourage" it. So it got put on pause.

Overall this was an interesting experience. I'm not sure I will repeat it, but I'm not saying I won't either. We'll see what the next categories are and how I feel about them.

1 comment

  1. This post reminds me I need to seriously get on the Lunar Chronicles!

    ReplyDelete