Add It To My List: August 2017


 Link-up creators are Lauren from Eat, Drink, & Be Lauren and Bre from Bre Writes. Basically, they are always recommending things to each other- podcasts, television shows, music, blah blah blah. And they figured- why not share even further?
  • Call The Midwife
    • This show. Guys. Seriously, watch it right now. At first I thought it was only okay.  I'm now in Season 4 and it keeps hitting it out of the damn park. Poverty, religion, PTSD, race, LGBT+...it's hitting so many topics and handling them beautifully! Especially given the time period it's set in (post WW2). Also, kind of a love letter to the NHS and feminism in general. Ahhh I'm loving it.
  • e.l.f. Complexion Brush
    • I bought my first ever make-up brush. I can't even say this one is that good, because I can't compare...but it's doing the job for this newbie.
  • This YouTube video Yoga for Runners
    • I ran two miles the other day, and hadn't ran for months. I expected to be miserable the next day, so I did this video right after. I barely felt a thing and wasn't sore at all. I'm not a yogi in any way, but this seriously makes a world of difference.
  • This post from Jen. I have stopped being as vocal or active about politics because...there are people saying what I want to say, and saying it better than I can. And it still somehow seems like those in a position of power aren't listening. But I can not stop saying it. 
  • This article about the view of Charlottesville from Berlin, Germany. 
  • This video from Hank Green about staying in your lane & racism.
And I realize I'm posting a lot from white people, but I am a white person and it seems really really important that we step the fuck up and realize we are a big part of the problem so I'm glad to see people address it. But that's problematic in it's own way...
 
What have you been enjoying this month?

5 comments

  1. I really need to start my 1/2 marathon training but it's just soooooo hoooottttttt.. That yoga video is probably a great cool down session for training runs so thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. White people must address other white people about racism.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Intrigued by Yoga for runners, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elf makes really good stuff. I'm an avid makeup wearer and will still pick up some Elf things from time to time in Target. I always figure if it's bad, well I only spent $3 lol.
    Keep fighting the good fight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I just got my first make-up brush a few weeks ago. I know nothing, but Instagram stories has me intrigued about make-up... and honestly, it was a gift with my Ulta purchase. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete