Current Thoughts: March 2018


  • Hubs & I recently tried Ancestry DNA. The results were a little unexpected at first! Mine came back basically what we had thought his would be- to the point I really would have thought the samples got mixed up- except it linked him to known family members. I had only a tiny idea about what mine would say, but it's interesting. The gegoraphical regions are somewhat contestable and random- Hubs was wondering where in the world his known German heritage was but then saw that it was included in both of the geographical regions he belonged too, but not as a primary.  Hardly exact, but a fun starting point. 

Other people's opinion of you are none of your business.
 This was a line from a quote shared at my workout the other day, and I can't get it out of my head. Love, love, love. I'm come to realize that what we think of others typically reflects way more about us than about them, and this line sums that up perfectly.

  • I feel like there is too much hyperbole going on in the news and politics right now- by both sides. Yes, there are drastic things going on. But outrage often begets outrage and passion overshadows rationality. I'm not saying do nothing, I'm not saying scale back...but everything is drastic all the time, nothing is actually viewed as drastic. Let's channel outrage into logical, optimistic action. Treat others as you want to be treated- treat them the way you want them to treat others- lead by example. Even when they are wrong...maybe especially if they are wrong

  • The weather here is being super teasing. It was a beautiful 75 last weekend. Met a friend at the used bookstore, she came with Babycakes & I to the park afterwards...it was gorgeous and hopeful and apparently I am turning into a summer person? Now we have a winter weather advisory and I'm done.

  •  I'm finally catching up on Dr Who, thanks to a lengthy trial Amazon Prime membership (yay, student discounts)! OMG, so glad Clara's run is finally over...BLAH. Loving Bill & Nardole, so much more fun. 

  • Babycakes is currently very into the color pink & hearts. I blame Valentine's Day- she was SO HAPPY with all her Valentine's Day treats! Cute but also very not me, so interesting.

  • While I like to think of myself as an Amy Pond, this episode of the Verity Podcast really makes me feel like I might be a Rose...because I swear they are talking about me. 

What's up with you lately?

2 comments

  1. It's been a roller coaster here too - there was 3 inches of snow yesterday - & in the high 60's today - & cold again tomorrow... Mother Nature is truly hormonal right now

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally caught up on Doctor Who too! But I was super bummed my Prime trial didn't have the Christmas special for free. :-(

    ReplyDelete