Three Things: New Year Goals

 
 I don't really have New Year's Resolutions, haven't done those for a while. I typically only do a word of the year.

But there are three things that came to mind when thinking of any possible changes I wanted to make for 2018.

  • Read 40 Books
    • My goal last year was 30, and I read 55. Figure 40 is a good middle ground, since hopefully this year we will become foster parents and also I will be in school all year rather than just half the year.
  • Eat More Fruit 
    • Aiming for one piece of fruit each day M-F. I typically eat some for breakfast, but probably not enough. 
  • Donate blood 6 times
    • This is the most you can do in one year, because you are supossed to wait a certain amount of time between donations (56 days?). I managed 4 last year and would really like to do it a full 6 this time. I love this because it's free (I actually usually get snacks & a tee shirt) and helps people without me actually having to do that much. Also it takes less than an hour and saves 3 lives per donation...yes please. It's literally one of the easiest ways to be a kind person and support your community/humanity as a whole. 

So there ya go. Nothing super life changing, but achievable goals to help my life reflect my goals.

Do you have any goals for the new year?

2 comments

  1. Awesome!

    I'm going back to monthly goals this year. It's been quite a while since I did that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I came up with a word, but I forgot it. Obviously, I'm real stellar at these things.

    Maybe it should be something like a mix of 'priority' and 'focus' and 'saying no' and 'delegating'.. Is there a word like that? I need it.

    ReplyDelete