Add It To My List: May 2018




  • Jada Pinkett Smith's emotional interview with Will Smith's ex-wife Sheree Fletcher
    •  Saw this on Mother's Day weekend and it was wonderful to see two women acknowledge past wrongs, and have an honest and emotional talk about hard things.
  • Lil' Scrubbie Facial Cleaning Pads
    •  I have an ongoing war with cleaning my face- I know, random. But I don't want to keep using cleaning wipes, but I hate using wash clothes because they consistently stay wet which freaks me out...anyway, it's a whole big thing in my life. Which is why I LOVE these lil scrubbies. TBF, the suction cups does NOT work at all for me, but I give it a pass. I've used it with apple cider vinegar, coconut oil, and Neutrogena cleanser...works with them all.
  • Tomi Adeyemi Wanted ‘Children Of Blood And Bone’ To Be ‘So Good... So Black’
    • HuffPo interview with Tomi Adeyemi; found this via We Need Diverse Books and this author seems awesome and I'm totally checking those out from my library ASAP
  • Silicone Makeup Sponge
    •  I'm still getting used to this, but I think I really like it. Feels like my makeup stays on longer. The issue is that since I'm used to using sponges which soak up the makeup before putting it on your face, I sometimes use too much with this and it looks cakey once I put it on. But that is a total user error and one that I think I'm correcting. Another plus- it's super easy to rinse off and wipe off and it stays dry- see above.
  • Vikings (TV series)
    •  Story based on the legend of Viking hero Ragnar Lothbrok- from what I can tell, kind of a Robin Hood/Odysseus type Norse story. Interesting- gory, and no clue how much is historically accurate, but interesting.
What are you loving this month?

2 comments

  1. The little scrubbies looks fun! I never gave the silicone makeup applicator a try. I am pretty set on my Real Techniques sponge. I will never say never though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was using the plain little cheap...I don't even know what to call them other than sponges. So it was probably good to at least try something new :)

      Delete