Pregnancy Thoughts: Third Trimester

 


I'm officially in the third trimester of my pregnancy. In case you don't know, that means I'm relatively close to the end.

True talk- I'm getting a little tired of being pregnant. 

Don't get me wrong- I completely realize how blessed I am to even be able to get pregnant. And how great it is that I've had a healthy pregnancy. As my husband has pointed out, we are already past the point where he was born (he was quite early). So there is a very good chance that even if something were to happen over the next few weeks, the baby would almost certainly survive even if she needed to go into the NICU. This is a very relieving point to get to.

That being said, this last part is basically just super uncomfortable the majority of the time.

I honestly can't remember the last time I have been 100% comfortable. Laying down isn't comfy, sitting isn't comfy, standing isn't comfy...no matter what I do either my feet or my back or my ribs hurt (baby girl loves to shove into my ribs- has been doing this for weeks).

It's awesome to feel her little movements. 

But they are getting harder to feel since she is running out of room. Oh, and my weight gain has spiked over the past month :-/ We even had to do an extra ultrasound for "abnormal weight gain," even though most women I've talked to have gained my amount or more. Everything is fine, I'm just going to have more weight than hoped to loose after she arrives.

Maybe it's water weight, because my legs and feet have started swelling...yay! 

This is really awesome, because the 2 pairs of shoes that I have left don't match the clothes I can fit into. Getting dressed is so much fun in so many ways, you don't even know.

Hormones are definitely starting to kick in, and I'm feeling impatient and frustrated. There is only so much left to do, and then I will have to go through labor & delivery...which isn't exactly an easy experience.

It feels like there is both a lot of time and almost no time until my due date. 

And there's no guarantee that my due date is even close to when she will come- I could have another week or two after that. And then I'm going to try to breastfeed, and will be recovering...I just want to get to the part where my baby is here and I'm comfortable again. But really there is no way to know when that will be.

This may sound like a big downer, but that's not accurate. I'm still super thrilled. It's just like when you have a big vacation planned and everything up to that point takes forever and you start getting antsy.

No comments