Add It to My List: January 2017


ANOTHER LINK-UP! Because blogging is more fun with friends, let's just be real.

Link-up creators are Lauren from Eat, Drink, & Be Lauren and Bre from Bre Writes. Basically, they are always recommending things to each other- podcasts, television shows, music, blah blah blah. And they figured- why not share even further?

I always need recommendations, and I love link-ups where bloggers interact with each other. So this appeals to me immensely! I hope you will link-up also!

One note- I won't be discussing books very much, because I love the Show Us Your Books link-up and want to save it for that (which Lauren encourages this because she is a SUYB-er too).

Anyway, here's what I've been enjoying this month:

  • Dear Booknerd Podcast
    • of course they cancel right around the time I started listening, but I finished all 70+ episodes and enjoyed it
  • How to Stay Outraged Without Loosing Your Mind
    •  I know everyone has been sharing this- because it's important. Many of us are unhappy with the election results. And even if you have conservative values- Trump is openly silencing people who does not agree with him. If you believe in the Bill of Rights in any way, that is terrifying. Please don't ignore very serious red flags out of loyalty to a specific party.
  • Haven
    • This is the show Hubs & I are currently binging on. I started watching it because I thought it was based on the books in the Bishop/SCU series by Kay Hooper, but it's actually based on the book The Colorado Kid by Steven King. Either way, cool sci-fi series based on a novel. 
  • French Dip Sliders
    • OM NOM NOM
    • I made these for my church group (we trade off making dinner each week when we meet) and it was SO GOOD! I can't wait to make them again
  • Ask Me Another Podcast
    • Because it's random trivia and funny and I need something to zone out of the sorry mess of current politics.

What are you enjoying? 
Link-up so we can all add-it to our list! 

11 comments

  1. The outrage article is seriously a life raft for so many right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That article is so, so important (and just the kind of thing I was hoping people would have on their lists - I love it!). I've never gotten into a book podcast but the idea that one is done and over and I don't have to try to catch up is appealing. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked that Medium article too-- definitely needed when every day seems to be something new. I've never listened to the Deer Book Nerd podcast, but I love All of the Books by Bookriot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. French dip sliders sound amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those French dip sliders sound and look delicious...and seem pretty easy to make too. Score!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That article about not losing your mind is so crucial right now. And the rest? I love distractions in order to keep my sanity in our current political climate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Ask Me Another podcast sounds great. I really like random trivia/facts, and I think most of us could really use something amusing/relaxing.

    -lauren

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of those podcasts sound really interesting! Bummer the Booknerd one is no long making episodes! Also, French Dip Sliders sound SO amazing ♥ Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So important to not lose your mind. I need to check out these book podcasts! Adding them to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I need to get back into Haven, thanks for the reminder! I remember watching the first season and loving it, but then forgot about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing that article! It is much needed for me because I really do feel like I'm losing my mind and it's consuming my everyday. Such a tough time in our country right now :(

    ReplyDelete