The World Today...

I haven't been posting lately.

I haven't known what to say.

I'm disappointment regarding our President and the choices he is making.

I'm supremely disappointed in people who are backing him in ways that make me feel disrespectful and alone.

I'm sad at the truth of signs from women of color pointing out that feeling that way since 2016 is a privilege.

Anyway. Lots of crappy things happening.

Also lots of amazing things happening. People are stepping up.

There's some hope.

I don't want to ignore these by writing out trivial topics.

I also don't feel qualified to write about it sensitively and with respect (because while some people don't deserve it, quite frankly...I want to encourage communication and respect so I have to demonstrate it, and I haven't necessarily been).

So I've said nothing. At least on the blog. I've been retweeting a lot of smart and thoughtful and yes, sometimes snarky things on Twitter.

Facebook...oh boy, Facebook. I have...Trump supporters on FB. And they are pissing me off. I am trying to share basic facts there rather than snark. Go high when they go low, right?

Anyway. That's where I am. I hope you are doing something. I hope you are signing petitions, marching, tweeting, CALLING YOUR REPRESENTATIVES. 

Even if you disagree with me, I hope you are exercising your rights- because I am truly concerned that they will be taken away. Temporarily, I hope, because humanity is resilient. But I am fearful it will happen. And I don't want that.

It's really, really easy to take something from someone when they don't believe it is important.

2 comments

  1. I feel so hopeless and kinda numb about the whole thing. I have vowed to myself that I will get better about taking the 1 minute to sign the petitions and I will try to make time once a week to call my reps.

    Part of me wants to wait it out and see what happens, but I'm TERRIFIED that things I take for granted will no longer be there if I wait it out. That is the scariest thing I've ever experienced.

    Surrounded by not a few Trump supporters, I feel overwhelmed and they make me question why I want to stand up in the first place and I shouldn't have to have a reason or to need to give them one. But I think I'm going to adopt the statement that I want to KEEP my rights, as they are right now. I don't want these things that I believe are inherent to no longer be inherent nor do I want others to be able to decide what I do with my body. That is especially important to me.

    Also, climate change is a thing. It's been around as long as the earth has, and it's common sense. Silencing agencies is censorship and I just can't believe our president (ugh) is telling people to shit down and shut up just because he doesn't believe it.

    #somepeopleskids

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to take breaks and up until now I haven't been. If I don't take them though, I'm going to burn out.

    Facebook has killed me lately, comments from people we know who cannot respect how we feel but expect us to respect how they feel.

    ReplyDelete